Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mini Break to Audley End









Hey everyone! Hope you are all well and having a lovely week so far. As you know, I was off work last week for a nice relaxing break and actually went to Audley End for a few days. It was lovely and we took Skye along with us too. :) 
Apart from a huge thunder storm when we arrived, (which is just typical) and a couple of rain showers, the weather was glorious! Had so much fun just popping to Cambridge which is really nearby and doing a bit of shopping and just seeing how cute and old it looks there. The buildings are gorgeous. I tell you, anyone who is lucky enough to go to university there, I am so jealous!

The place we stayed was actually the gate house to Audley End House called Cambridge Lodge and it was so cute! We literally had all the grounds to explore which was amazing and perfect for evening jogs and little walks in the sunshine. These grounds are huge and absolutely stunning with mini waterfalls, streams and even stables with the three most friendly horses I have ever met. I wanted to take them home.. The house was also amazing and really interesting to see how people would have lived. I love anything with a bit of history and a story behind it. :)

I love little breaks like this and had a lovely time :).

Luci xo

3 comments:

  1. I love Audrey end, I went there to see scouting for girls! Lovely blog you have.
    Amy x

    Amyadorebeaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely place isn't it? Thank you so much! :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks like such an idyllic place to be. I've never heard of it before.

    When I see images like these, it makes me so happy that I moved to England. There's so much to see and so many places to explore.

    I hope you had a nice time away.

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say

    x

    ReplyDelete