Friday 22 November 2013

Eau Thermale Avene - Light Hydrating Cream




Hey ladies! So the other week I ran out of my favourite moisturiser to wear under make up which is Eucerin's AQUAporin Active moisturising cream. I have been using it every day since last winter and I keep repurchasing it as its a perfect make up base and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or shiny. However the last few times I have popped into Boots hoping to find it there, its always been sold out. I was getting to the point where I really needed a moisturiser to apply in the morning and I didn't want to use all my Clarins one up. Thats when I thought I'd give Eau Thermale Avene a try.

I have seen this sitting on the shelves in Boots all the time but never really payed it much attention. As I was looking for a new moisturiser until I could get hold of my normal one, this kind of stood out, it was a light hydrating cream just like the Eucerin one and when I applied the tester to my skin, it felt pretty similar too. Now after using this for the last two weeks, I just love it!

So first up, the packaging is quite simple but it looks quite expensive and I like the fact its a simple white tube with some pink and grey lettering. As for the product itself, its a dream to apply. It has a lovely light consistency to it and sinks into my skin almost instantly. It isn't greasy and leaves my face totally shine free. The best bit about it, is my skin feels hydrated all day long and I never need to reapply or anything which is a bonus for someone like me who has very dry skin. It also smells really fresh which is a nice change to some moisturisers. 

I can safely say I will be repurchasing this as its as good, if not better then my one before. I also really want to try some of their other products now as I noticed they had quite a range in Boots. If you fancy trying out a new moisturiser thats super hydrating and still a great base for make up then I highly recommend this.

 Have you ever tried this brand before? What did you think?

Kisses
Luci xo


2 comments:

  1. I know right, I also like packaging that looks expensive. Also I love the fact that it's not greasy because I have oily skin and don't want to look like a shiny mess! :) Great review, if I see this where I live I'll have to check it out.
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Let me know what you think if you pick it up :) xx

      Delete